Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Mushroom Age


Ever wondered what it would be like to play a game where the designers must have been on serious hallucinogenic drugs?  Have I got the game for you! 



Mushroom Age is, well, Mushroom Age is… different. The graphics are beautiful, the storyline involving, the puzzles challenging and that doesn’t even begin to scratch the surface. 
You play the game as Vera and you’ve come to the lab where your fiancée works to search for him. It’s two days until your wedding and you can’t find him anywhere. You get stonewalled by his wackjob boss (who looks like Einstein) and you have to both threaten and finesse him to get information. 



You end up traveling through time, hanging out with talking dinosaurs (people are friends, not food!) taking care of a hung-over Socrates, and solving problems for robots, aliens, a pervy Nostradamus and a bored Supreme Being.  And that’s not even the weirdest part! 


I never did serious drugs in my youth, always preferred chocolate, but five minutes into this game I was sniffing my tea and wondering if hallucinogens smell like chai. 

1 comment:

  1. You were so right, that game just kept getting more and more odd, but it was fun! I think I'll wait awhile before I have mushroom soup again, though...

    ReplyDelete